Working in the industry
Production & Maintenance personnel are key to many aspects of drilling operations. Their skills are necessary in the various phases of the E&P process. The three main stages of the E&P process are Exploration, Development and Production. Within Production, we are always looking for experienced people with the right qualifications related to the discipline.
Route into the industry
We are always looking for professionals for various jobs on the platforms or plants, such as Mechanics, Electricians, and (Crane) Operators. The required background and/or education depends on the specific position. In most cases, a relevant degree in the field of mechanical or electrical engineering is required. Experience within the oil & gas industry is always required. Additionally, you must have obtained all the necessary offshore survival and medical certificates.
Working in this field means you need to be in good physical condition. You should also take into account that you will spend a considerable amount of time away from home, as well as work in rotating shifts with irregular working hours.
- Good practical and technical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of the oil & gas production processes
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Ability to manage a varied workload
- Good problem-solving skills
- Initiative to work on your own or as part of a team
- Awareness of health and safety legislation
- Good eyesight and normal colour vision